Battery-less Water Leak Sensor
Battery-less Water Leak Sensor
The CLEAN-Boost® battery-less water leak sensor requires no power supply as it uses leaking water to generate the electricity it needs to send an alert that a water leak has occurred.
There is thus no need to install a battery, power supply or communication cables. This eliminates installation work and minimizes costs enabling easy installation in equipment, an existing building or facility. It simplifies installation of the sensor for quick detection of problems in existing facilities as no costly, large-scale installation work is required.
The battery-less water leak sensor saves labor as no one is required to make periodic checks for rain water or other water leaks.
Again, maintenance costs are minimized since battery replacement is not required.
The sensor consists of a wireless tag and sensor ribbon.
Major places of installation
Kitchens, toilets, bathrooms or other locations where water is used, or where there are water pipes, waste water pipes or other plumbing, or places exposed to rain water leaks in ordinary homes, condominiums or apartments
Locations where water is used, or where there are water pipes, waste water pipes or other plumbing or places exposed to rain water leaks in shopping malls or commercial facilities
Stations, airports and other public facilities or infrastructure facilities
Piping installations in plants
Server facilities, control rooms, equipment facilities and other locations where water is undesirable
Concrete usage scenarios
Server facilities, control facilities, equipment facilities and other locations where water is undesirable
Detects the ingress of water in utility tunnels built for electricity and communication cables
Detects water leaks caused by loose pipe joints or
Detects water leaks due to equipment failures
Quickly notifies personnel of water ingress in a facility housing equipment that must not be exposed to cooling water leaks or leaking rain water
- No power supply work is required as the sensor does not require a battery and a power supply.
- Uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy®) and requires no cable work
- Has no battery and requires no maintenance
- Detects minute water leaks
- The sensor works regardless of where water drops fall or how long the sensor ribbon is
- The sensor ribbon can be extended
- The sensor ribbonⅡ can be used repeatedly
- Detection limit of water amount: 150 μl min. ＠25℃ 40%RH*1
- Output delay time: 300sec max. ＠25℃ 40%RH*2
- Detectable temperature: +5 to +85°C (operation temperature of wireless tag: -10 to +60°C)
- Radio system: Bluetooth Low Energy® Bluetooth 4.2
- Frequency range: 2402 MHz ~ 2480 MHz
- Transmission power: 0 dBm typ.
*1. @sensor ribbonⅠ. The sensor ribbonⅡ detection limit of water amount: 100μl min.@25℃ 40%RH
*2. ＠sensor ribbonⅠ. The sensor ribbonⅡoutput delay time: 60sec max.@300μl, 25℃40%RH
* This battery-less water leak sensor does not come with a receiver. Set the Bluetooth 4.2 compatible receiver to beacon mode.
- Wireless tag/ S-CBTGAAAC: 148 x 8 x 5 mm (main unit: 90 x 8 x 5 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅠ 0.5m: S-CBSSAAAC-001 (700 x 13 x 8 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅠ 2.0m: S-CBSSAAAC-002 (2200 x 13 x 8 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅠ 5.0m: S-CBSSAAAC-003 (5200 x 13 x 8 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅡ 0.5m: S-CBSSAABI-201 (740 x 13 x 5 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅡ 2.0m: S-CBSSAABI-202 (2240 x 13 x 5 mm)
- Sensor ribbonⅡ 5.0m: S-CBSSAABI-203 (5240 x 13 x 5 mm)
Wireless tag: S-CBTGAAAC
Sensor ribbonⅠ: S-CBSSAAAC-003, 002, 001
Sensor ribbonⅡ: S-CBSSAABI-203, 202, 201
Comparison of sensor ribbon appearance
Wireless tag and sensor ribbon connection
Sensor ribbon connection
Inquiries about CLEAN-Boost® Battery-less Water Leak Sensor
Please enter the required information below. (* Required)
Depending on the content of your inquiry, it may take some time to respond or we may not be able to respond.
Choose your country or region
- China (in preparation)
- Except for China (Please Click here and fill out the application form below.)