Automotive, 125℃ operation, 36V input,
Window Watchdog Timer Linear Regulator with Reset Function
S-19516/7, S-19519 Series
Respond to the increase in power consumption due to multifunctional and safer MCUs.
Single chip for handling the requirements of a multifunctional MCU
The increasing functionality of MCUs and automotive devices has increased the amount of current they require.
Power supply ICs capable of delivering high current are therefore in great demand.
S-19516/7 and the S-19519 Series
- are equipped with an LDO regulator capable of handling 500mA. The capability of this LDO regulator to supply high current solves problems such as the switching noise generated by DC-DC converters and increase in external parts.
- The integrated watchdog timer (WDT) and reset (VD) functions help simplify circuit design.
- In addition, these functions provide an ultra-low self-current consumption of 3.0μA typ.*, which is indispensable to reducing dark current.
"Window mode WDT" detects MCU faults with high accuracy
Automotive devices need to be safe and require WDT capable of reliably detecting MCU faults.
The S-19516/7 and the S-19519 Series are equipped with a “window mode WDT.”
This mode is able to detect not only long-period absence of input signals from an MCU but also short-period repeated signal input (double pulse) as faults.
Enable pin for further reduction of dark current
The S-19519 Series has an Enable (EN) pin that can set the entire IC to standby state.
When S-19519 operation is turned OFF,
- Dark current drops to roughly 0 when the power supply to the MCU is stopped. Any leak current generated in the MCU due to high temperature or other condition can be stopped by turning the power off.
When S-19519 operation is turned ON,
- The ultra-low current consumption reduces dark current at low loads.
- High current output of 500mA and fast response ensure smooth operation at high loads.High output current and fast response ensure smooth operation at high loads.
The S-19519B Series has WO and RO* and processing can be modified depending on the error that occurs.
*WO: Watchdog output pin, RO: Reset output pin
Automotive Watchdog timer Lineup
Automotive Watchdog timer Selection Guide
|Product name||S-19516 Series
|For automotive||For automotive|
|Output voltage||3.3 V , 5.0V||3.3 V , 5.0V|
(Tj = −40°C to +150°C)
(Tj = −40°C to +150°C)
|Current consumption||3.0 µA typ.
(During watchdog timer deactivation)
|3.2 µA typ.
(During regulator operation,
during watchdog timer deactivation)
(During watchdog timer activation)
(During regulator stop)
|Watchdog mode||Window mode||Window mode|
|Package||TO-252-9S, HSOP-8A||TO-252-9S, HSOP-8A,HTSSOP-16|
|Operation temperature range||Ta=−40°C to +125°C||Ta=−40°C to +125°C|
|Automotive quality||PPAP, AEC-Q100 qualified||PPAP, AEC-Q100 qualified|